The Foundation has been established for specific purposes which are for the benefit of the Gladstone Region and all grants must solely be for:-
- The relief of poverty
- The relief of needs of the aged
- The relief of sickness or distress
- The advancement of religion
- The advancement of education
- The provision of childcare services on a not-for-profit basis
- Other charitable purposes for the benefit of the Gladstone Region
Because the Foundation is a charity, grants might only be made to:
- A registered charity; or
- For a purpose which is charitable.
Expressions of interest are encouraged from:
- registered charities; and
- from those who are not registered charities, however the Foundation asks that particular attention be applied to ensuring that any expression of interest will conform (solely) with the charitable purposes of the Trust.
Central Queensland University (CQU) will develop the Gladstone Foundation Health and Wellness Education Facility at the Gladstone Campus which will offer educational and training facilities to health students and the existing health professionals in the community.
The Salvation Army (Qld) Property Trust (SAQPT) will construct an integrated Communities Facilities Centre, which will include a Community Centre, a Child and Family Centre and an Allied Health Centre, within the Integrated Health Precinct, Philip Street, West Gladstone.
Mercy Health and Aged Care Central Queensland Ltd (MHACC) will construct a Mental Health Service Centre in Gladstone.
Gladstone Community Linking Agency Inc. will build a purpose designed Respite Care House for people who have a disability and their carers.
Gladstone Men’s Shed Association Inc. will build a larger permanent facility where they will continue to provide a safe, friendly and healing environment where men from the Gladstone community are able to work on meaningful projects.
Churches of Christ Gladstone will expand and improve Shed 19 to transform the centre to better serve the people of the Gladstone / Toolooa area experiencing disadvantage and social isolation. The upgrade will also improve the facility to provide better disability access.
Roseberry Community Services Limited’s range of youth and family services in the Gladstone Region will be coordinated from a new headquarters building funded by the grant.